Influence and persuasion forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 09:09:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hi! Did you go over the audio newsletter? Do it now, it's awesome: http://hypnoticmindtraining.com
5731 Posts in 731 Topics by 1106 Members
Latest Member: davide
* Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome to my Covert Hypnosis and persuasion forum
+  Influence and persuasion forums
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: Lazarus_Black)
| | |-+  Man turned into a baby?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Man turned into a baby?  (Read 5233 times)
rjk5209858

« on: October 02, 2010, 03:24:05 PM »

I was poking around the internet when I stumbled about this story on Googles Book Search, it was from the Weekly World News.  According to the story a man and his wife are celebrating their anniversiry and go to see a hypnosis show.  The man volunteers and one of the routines the hypnotist does is to regress the subjects on stage back to being one year olds.  Unfortunatly for the man who was the subject of the story while all the other volunteers returned to normal he didn't and he is now stuck believing he is a one year old baby as a result the only thing he will eat is baby food, and he has to wear and use diapers.  His wife and 13 year old daughter take care of him.
Considering the source of the story I don't know how much credibility I give it.  I can just see a 13 year old girl (daughter) having to change her 43 year old fathers diapers.  Maybe it might be possible, but I don't know.  What do you think?

Bob

rjk5209858

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 03:48:49 PM »

I stand corrected, the man and his wife have two daughters.  One is 12 and the other is 10.  I wonder if they argue about who has to change him when he has a messy diaper, and yes I am being sarcastic here.  Of course I hope I haven't offended any one as that is not my intent.
                        Bob.
Lazarus_Black

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 05:39:11 PM »

Weekly World News was actually fiction. Each issue even had a disclaimer stating that it was all fake, so don't buy into it.  Of course, the stories are highly entertaining and make for great reading.  I have meant some folks that work for that company and was interested in seeing about getting a job with the Weekly World News, but sadly I believe that prestigious institution of poppycock is no longer in print.  Say La Vie,

Will

rjk5209858

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 11:29:13 AM »

Willl, actually the Weekly World News is still in publication.  My skeptasism was not that this man was regressed into being a one year old and had to be put back into diapers, it was that his wife would leave her preteen age daughters alone to take care of him.  As far as being able to regress someone as it was claimed this man was, I'm willing to accept the possibility, I'm just not to sure of the probabilty.  Also I've read the Weekly World News and have never seen any disclaimer were they claim their stories are fake.  This does not mean that I believe it though.
                                                      Bob
Lazarus_Black

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 05:00:49 PM »

Bob,

I'm glad to hear it's still going.  If you look in the masthead, they have a small print disclaimer.  It's well hidden, but I've caught it before.  Regression is possible, certainly.  In Practical Application of Medical And Dental Hypnosis, Erickson tells a story of regressing a man to a very young age, testing for responses that are in line with the neurological development of an infant(which he sucessfully found).  However, even without suggestions to return to present age, a subject natural will revert on their own within a few hours.  The idea of getting "stuck" at that age is where it is all bunk.  But, truly, if you look closely at the Weekly World News it does have a disclaimer, if I had a copy on hand I would tell you exactly where,

Will

rjk5209858

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 09:14:42 PM »

According to the article on some rear occassions people have a very bad reaction to hypnotic suggestions that triggers a form of schitsophenia (I've probably spelled that wrong).  That's what the experts his wife tried consulting said probably happened to her husband and why he stuck thinking and acting as a one year old.  Remember I'm just passing on what I've read.
If you'd like to see the article itself you can see it on the WeeklyWorldNews.Com websight in the archive section.  It is an old article, it's from Jan 16 2001. 
Yes I do believe it maybe possible to regress someone back to a very young age and have it necessary for them to be cared for like they really were when they were that age, including having to be diapered.  Please remember I'm just talking about possabilities.

Bob.

Lazarus_Black

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 01:29:32 PM »

Bob,

After a bit of research, I have found that WWN ceased publication in 2007.  You are correct that they did not publish a disclaimer(that was The Sun, a rival tabloid), but from 2004 state that "The reader should suspend disbelief for the sake of enjoyment."  In terms of a subject remaining stuck in a regression, I don't know of any legitimate storyin the annals of hypnosis where such an event has occured.  In fact, in abreactions that involve a subject not exiting trance or dismissing a suggestion the subject will drift off to sleep and awaken normally.  There is no possibility that this story is true,

Will

JoeMobson

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 07:52:50 AM »

That man in that story was actually my cousin. He is still a baby even to this day. Every once in awhile he'll snap into reality as he is waking up from sleep, but he quickly regresses to baby-ness. Does anyone know an unbabyatization hypnotic linguistic approach. Basically I want to give my counsin anti-baby thoughts to turn him into an adult again. Please help!

Actually I don't know if this story is true I just read it in my emails from him so they might be true. There isn't anything proving that it isn't true so I will assume that the emails are accurate for now.

Cry Wahhhhhhhh! Cry
Lazarus_Black

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 09:39:34 PM »

Joe,

The story mentioned was actually from a paper that admitted, unabashedly, that the stories were made up.

As to unbabytizing a person, the key is to make being a baby worse than the alternative.  This is what Erickson often did, and Bandler has told stories of doing similar things.  For instance, Bandler once had a client who believed he was Jesus.  He cured the man by measuring him and building a cross in preparation for Easter...  The man suddenly snapped out of it, saying he wasn't really Jesus and shouldn't be crucified.  In the same way, make being a baby unpleasant enough, and a person will snap out of that behavior,

Will

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: